This position is responsible for managing the Accounting function for Spooky Fast Customs and The Yamwood Foundry.
- Process, review and manage accounts payable.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy; investigate and resolve account discrepancies.
- Assist with the processing of sales orders, invoicing of customers and posting customer payments.
- Manage the job costing component by assigning expenses to jobs, reviewing assignment of revenues and labor, and reconciling work in progress.
- Responsible for month-end close and preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries and G/L reconciliation support, and complete bank, petty cash and credit card reconciliations
- Data entry, clerical, filing, process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent accounting work experience
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Prior experience in a retail or manufacturing environment or with project/job accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and accounting systems such as Sage or QuickBooks
- A professional, positive, energetic and flexible attitude
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Ability to work in an environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-managed and follow through with minimum direction